N.Y. police say they are not looking for suspects in viral Facebook post about missing child

The New York Police Department said Thursday that it is not looking to pursue any suspects in a viral Facebook thread accusing police officers of covering up the disappearance of a 6-year-old boy.

In the thread, posted last month, a man who identified himself as the father of the boy’s mother said the girl was taken to a hospital and “finally found alive.”

But the man later deleted the thread.

On Thursday, the N.P.D. said it was “unaware of any activity” by officers who are investigating the death of the child.

The post, which is believed to have been posted by a member of the family, said the boy had been “left for dead” in the woods near his home in the Bronx.

It also described the boy as having “a very big, long face” and described his condition as being “very rough.”

A message left with a member at the family’s home was not immediately returned.

The New York Post has not identified the person who wrote the post, and the police department declined to provide any information about it.